Do you, as a passionate Automotive Engineer, get excited about mobility issues of the future? Then discover your possibilities within the competence centre for engine development!
Within this state-of-the-art engine development centre, the development of engines on the basis of future regulations is central. The engines and trucks developed here belong to the "best in class" products within the world of transport. A characteristic of the organisation is that they are always driven by the supply of products with an environmentally friendly background and the best possible cost-effectiveness. This contributes to optimal reliability for the customers with whom they work.
In the external engine components and hardware department, you will be responsible for the development of new hardware concepts within engines and the maintenance of engines which are already in production. This department can be divided into 4 groups:
- External 1 and 2
- Air & Egr
- Aftertreatment Hardware
Within the group externa 2 we are looking for a design engineer who will be responsible for the new generation of engine platforms.
In your role as engine design engineer, you will report both indirectly to the Supervisor and directly to the Project Lead of the project team. You will also be responsible for the following activities:
- Your main activities will be focused on the design and release process of engine components using CAD, however you will also be responsible for initiating support activities within other groups in the engine and test department
- In conjunction with the design team and our suppliers, you will be held responsible for developing or adjusting new and existing structures to meet project objectives
- You will contribute to other engineering teams within the engine plant
- The working method will be set up on the basis of Six Sigma tools and techniques
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in Automotive
- You have 0 to 3 years of relevant work experience
- You are able to quickly build up in-depth expertises in the field of engines
- You have the knowledge to design the product together with colleagues and suppliers
- You can deal with complex problems and subsequent stressful situations
- Experience with Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills
In addition, you have the following personal competences:
- Strong communication skills
- Familiar with skills within CREO & Windchill
- A personality that is pro-active, creative and results oriented
- Clarity and structure within your way of working
- Already experienced in working within development projects
Orion Engineering staat bovenaan de lijst bij haar klanten als het gaat om het vinden van de beste kandidaten in de markt. Voor jou betekent dit dat er verschillende opties zijn om aan de slag te gaan en te werken aan de nieuwste ontwikkelingen in jouw vakgebied. Wij maken hét verschil met jou! Er staat voor jou dan ook altijd een Business Manager klaar die zorgt voor individuele begeleiding, zodat jij jezelf optimaal kunt ontwikkelen en jouw kennis naar een volgend niveau kunt tillen. Orion Engineering is dé regisseur voor het optimaal vormgeven van jouw loopbaan in de techniek!