Are you a team player with strong communication skills who enjoys being involved in the development of future automotive issues? Discover your opportunities within the role of Mechanical Expert Vehicles.
Within one of the largest players in the field of Automotive, you can be active within the competence centre for development. Within this department, automotive configurations are developed with a view to future regulations. The trucks for which you will be responsible are among the best of class products within the transport world, where aspects such as environmental friendliness and optimum cost-effectiveness play an important role. This ensures the best possible reliability for the customers being worked with.
The development programmes of the future include both hybrid and hydrogen. Within the department of external and aftertreatment hardware, responsibility is taken for the hardware developments of new components and systems and the additional maintenance of products currently in production. The department consists of 4 groups, namely: External 1 & 2, Fuel Air & EGR and aftertreatment within hardware.
Within your position as Mechanical Expert Vehicles, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating development on new or existing designs in need of improvement. In this, you will liaise with various internal stakeholders from other departments and external suppliers
- You will lead Simultaneous Engineer (SE) teams
- You will be the translator of project goals into product requirements, in this you will pick up design development in collaboration with suppliers
- Leading the necessary Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) components within the project
- Initiating and supervising various test activities and assessment of results as well as initiating follow-up activities if necessary
- You will analyse the results achieved and communicate them to management by means of technically detailed proposals
As Mechanical Expert Vehicles you report to the Supervisor of the responsible group. Hereby you will follow the problem solving through the DMAIC principle.For this position we are looking for the following profile:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical, Automotive or Mechatronic Engineering
- You have 0 to 3 years of relevant experience in a product development environment
- You have strong communication and presentation skills
- You see it as a challenge to handle multiple projects simultaneously based on your strong organisational skills combined with your problem-solving and result-oriented personality
- You have good communication skills
Orion Engineering staat bovenaan de lijst bij haar klanten als het gaat om het vinden van de beste kandidaten in de markt. Voor jou betekent dit dat er verschillende opties zijn om aan de slag te gaan en te werken aan de nieuwste ontwikkelingen in jouw vakgebied. Wij maken hét verschil met jou! Er staat voor jou dan ook altijd een Business Manager klaar die zorgt voor individuele begeleiding, zodat jij jezelf optimaal kunt ontwikkelen en jouw kennis naar een volgend niveau kunt tillen. Orion Engineering is dé regisseur voor het optimaal vormgeven van jouw loopbaan in de techniek!