Are you the Electrical Designer that saves lifes and lead a team doing this? Together with Philips we are urgently looking for an Electrical Designer preferably with experience in the medical domain. As IGT, we are the leading innovator in image-guided interventional solutions. With our partners, we improve the health of patients and save lives, every day, everywhere!
This role will specially focus on PC’s and video/Data networking. Involved parts are custom specific developed by (international) partners, or just COTS products.
The Key Areas of Responsibility for the electrical designer are:
- Responsible for Requirements, Design, implementation, test and integration of his Unit in accordance with the higher level
- Requirement and – Design specifications / architectures including alignment with all the relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Ensures the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate modules in modular, easy-to-maintain units that meets the product specification.
- Understands and communicates consequences of his/her design on the architecture. • Determines the Unit interfaces (HW/SW), in close consultation with relevant disciplines
- Defines, executes and takes the lead in concept and feasibility studies with a limited scope to investigate the usability of new technologies.
- Contributes to technology roadmaps and other strategic related activities. • Contributes to the Work Breakdown Structure/ the planning process of his/her area
- Draws up personal schedule and reports on progress. • Inspired to get the job done. • Performs work in line with the processes that have been agreed in the department
Since our strategy is to outsource the (detailed) design and engineering activities to our suppliers, we require excellent communication skills to be the technical contact towards our design partners and/or suppliers. This includes together with our supplier (but each with his own responsibility and ownership) the alignment of requirements, test approach, design reviews, FMEA, and specifying and verifying quality and reliability whilst maintaining a good & challenging professional relationship.
- Minimally Bachelor degree (Dutch: HBO) in Electrical Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Experience and knowledge of system development, knowledge of HW/SW interfaces
- Experience with development in volume production and maintenance of released products
- Knowledge and understanding of other disciplines with which co-operation takes place
- Good command of English (both written and verbal)
- Capable to introduce efficiency improvements on project level (change management)
Orion Engineering is active in a broad range of technical disciplines. We have been a reliable partner for our well-known customers for over 25 years. Through our individual approach we offer you a chance to develop yourself within an organization and propel your career to the next level! You will be employed by Orion Engineering and seconded to our customer.
Please send your application and motivation by using the “apply button” below. If you are curious to learn more about the opportunities Orion Engineering can offer you, please contact Joost de Boever (+31631049893, +31402116777 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a personal interview. We look forward to meeting you personally!