We are looking for an Industrial Engineer who provides integral production support from a technical, financial and organizational point of view. Do you have what it takes?
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be one of the key persons of our department in supporting projects. As the Industrial Engineer, you play a key role to create and maintain a cost effective and high quality production organization. On one hand translating product requirements into manufacturing parameters like cost built-up, logistic flow and supply chain and on the other hand driving cost down and quality improvement programs. Your input will support management and project teams at Micro Assembly Development and Greenhouse to realize an efficient production flow.
As an Industrial Cost Engineer, you are part of a multidisciplinary team that is responsible for Operations of high tech products:
- You will initiate, participate in or lead improvement teams, always searching for new opportunities, which can have a great impact in production. Besides this, you will have a close link to our Philips Excellence Lean program, driving continuous improvement
- You are part of project teams responsible for all process and organizational challenges from a financial-technical perspective. You will be involved in the creation and implementation of financial project plans (business cases), cost calculations and time and method analysis
- You have a close cooperation with our Development and M&S department regarding financial related topics like project costs, cost prices, and will analyze operational results (yield, ConQ)
- Your function will have a strong interaction with other departments within Greenhouse & Micro Assembly Development like Production, Innovation, Engineering, Logistics and Purchasing. This means you need to be able to shift between Management and the work floor
You are part of
The Micro Devices Facility ‘The Greenhouse’. Having over 40 years of experience, we team up with our customers to make products within the critical time path, reacting fast and flexible on new insights. We assure integral coupling with supply chain and manufacturing activities. Use industrial production equipment we provide electronic manufacturing services like industrial, high-end PCB assembly and interconnect architecture prototyping and manufacturing.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in e.g. Electronics or Industrial Engineering and at least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in high tech medical device business
- Professional expertise in applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues
- Has working knowledge of company products and services and experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors and functional peer groups. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical and financial information concerning specific projects or schedules
- Working on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors. Exercising judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action
- Has a pragmatic, creative, flexible attitude with a result driven, can-do mentality and continuous improvement mindset
- Has experience with process validation (pFMEA, IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Has experience within DfX, DMAIC, Lean Manufacturing, FMEA, 8D, SPC and knowledge on statistical tools
- Excellent communication skills, professional level of written and verbal communication in English and Dutch
Orion Engineering is active in a broad range of technical disciplines. We have been a reliable partner for our well-known customers for over 25 years. Through our individual approach we offer you a chance to develop yourself within an organization and propel your career to the next level! You will be employed by Orion Engineering and seconded to our customer.
Please send your application and motivation by using the “apply button” below. If you are curious to learn more about the opportunities Orion Engineering can offer you, please contact Joost de Boever (+31631049893, +31402116777 or email@example.com), to schedule a personal interview. We look forward to meeting you personally!