Within our client, the department Technology & Development is responsible for the specification, design and Integration of high tech/precision modules, professional products and capital intensive equipment. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state of the art machinery to produce any designed product. Think of automated milling machines, lathes, grinders, welding robots, laser cutters, etc.
As a Mechatronics System Architect at our client you are responsible to setup and create a technically roadmap and requirements of a consistent system design that meets the functional specifications of our customers within the boundaries of overall cost and timing.
In close co-operation with colleagues from other disciplines you are translating system specifications and constraints into specifications and roadmaps for architecture, technology, functions and modules, document and maintain these.
You will perform trade-off studies and set direction to determine the preferred implementation scenario for the realization of one or more of these modules. In this phase you are also responsible for reviewing the indicated specifications and make suggestions for improvements to discuss these with the client(s)/ stakeholder(s).
Furthermore you are responsible for:
- Definition of a generic machine platform, based on modular design
- Division of complex system in manageable subtasks
- Hardware/Software interface development for ‘own’ and ‘third party’ modules
- For a successful commissioning of developed product
- Input for development milestone planning
- Machine safety
- Technical University, Master degree in Mechatronics, Electronics or Mechanics
- At least 5 years relevant experience in high tech equipment
- Customer oriented;
- Eager to define concepts, interfaces, mechatronics architecture
- Team player, in the own company and towards consortium partners and suppliers
- Likes to help building a company, entrepreneurial spirit
- Efficient in dealing with time pressure and budget constraints
- Hands-on, helps on the floor during installation / commissioning and in the field with problem analysis / resolution where required
- Good communication skills and proficient in English and preferred Dutch
Orion Engineering is active in a broad range of technical disciplines. We have been a reliable partner for our well-known customers for over 25 years. Through our individual approach we offer you a chance to develop yourself within an organization and propel your career to the next level. You will be employed by Orion Engineering and seconded to our customer.
Please send your application and motivation by using the “apply button” below. If you are curious to learn more about the opportunities Orion Engineering can offer you, please contact Sabine van Rooij (+316-12638184, +31402116777 or firstname.lastname@example.org), to schedule a personal interview. We look forward to meet you personally!