We are looking for a Packaging Engineer for one of our partners based in Boxmeer. Do you have several years of work experience as a Packaging Engineer and are you ready for the next step? Respond quickly!
The primary purpose of the position is to identify, lead and support initiatives to improve the packaging processes with respect to packaging material, equipment and process. In order to implement changes effectively the Packaging Engineer assures application of Lean Six Sigma methods in for example problem solving. The Packaging engineer will report to the Improvement Outbound Lead.
As a Packaging Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Initiating and coordinating improvement initiatives on department/ IPT level by proposing improvements and standardization, monitoring reports, leading Kaizen events and by training and coaching IPT personnel
- Coordinating investment projects (new packaging line or related equipment) internally
- Designing, developing and testing secondary packaging components
- Creating and revising packaging component specifications if required, together with coordinating the change of documentation according to Change Control procedure
- Hands-on support to the business with problem solving techniques and facilitating root cause analysis or cross-functional investigations
- Contributing to a data driven decision making process and visualising problems, progress and results
- Utilizing tracking and reporting systems for analytical purposes, preparing plans and updating metrics, driving performance and assuring timely completion of improvements and goals
As a Packaging Engineer you have a:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant work experience as packaging engineer in a continuous improvement environment (Certified Lean Six Sigma Green belt)
- Demonstrated experience in the use of continuous improvement tools and methodologies
- Strong project management and change management skills
- Excellent training, facilitating and coaching skills
- Knowledge of Process Technology
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player
- Strong analytical skills and ability to learn
- Strong communication skills and people-oriented coaching
- Results oriented and ability to drive change
- Excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English
Orion Engineering is active in a broad range of technical disciplines. We have been a reliable partner for our well-known customers for over 25 years. Through our individual approach we offer you a chance to develop yourself within an organization and propel your career to the next level! You will be employed by Orion Engineering and seconded to our customer.
Please send your application and motivation by using the “apply button” below. If you are curious to learn more about the opportunities Orion Engineering can offer you, please contact Genaud Solisa 06-12651342 of 040-2116777 or send an email to Genaud Solisa. We look forward to meeting you personally!