At our partner’s site machines are being developed, manufactured and assembled. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state of the art machinery to produce any designed product.
As Senior Engineer Mechanics you specify and liver together with a team of about 10 (Lead) designers and architects high-tech Mechatronic System solutions for the new products, and are responsible for achieving the optimal functionality and cost effectiveness of the systems.
Other main tasks are:
- Feasibility phase: study the Customer Requirement Specifications (CRS) and the feasibility of mechanical components
- Definition phase: provide a description of the system design requirements and specifications
- System design phase: generating the system design concepts and review
- Bowl with deliberate choices, validated with the system requirements
- Definition of the high-tech modules and related technical interfaces
- Monitors that projects within the agreed specifications remain
- Use your helicopter view and creativity to find solutions in case of conflicts
- System verification: verification of the requirements of the design/the chosen concept
- Production release: release of the design for the production
- Contributions to the system roadmaps
- Participate in the further development of critical mechanical skills required
- Set priorities within the mechanical team and regular reporting to the project manager
- Coaching and training to mechanical engineers
- Give direction to the Way of Working (including using V-model, PGP process, design reviews, engineering change process)
- The Senior Engineer Mechanics reports to the Group Lead Mechanics
What experience do you bring with you?
- A bachelor or master degree in mechanical engineering or Mechatronics
- At least 5 to 10 years work experience as Mechanical Engineer in a high tech environment
- Experience in the preparation of design principles, accurate positioning and dynamic behavior
- Experience in making a planning of mechanical development, preferably according to the complete V-model
- Experience in DfX is a pre, as well as making strength calculations in the field of thermal and mechanical design
- You have experience in working with NX and Teamcenter
- You are familiar with Matlab/simulink and/or related development tools
What personal skills to bring?
- You are an out-of-the-box thinker
- You have a helicopter view.
- You are able to communicate clearly and be able to present your choices made orally.
- You are able to report structured.
- You are a natural blower; your challenges other
Orion Engineering is active in a broad range of technical disciplines. We have been a reliable partner for our well-known customers for over 25 years. Through our individual approach we offer you a chance to develop yourself within an organization and propel your career to the next level! You will be employed by Orion Engineering and seconded to our customer.
Please send your application and motivation by using the “apply button” below. If you are curious to learn more about the opportunities Orion Engineering can offer you, please contact Bart Brouwers (+31631049874, +31402116777 or email@example.com), to schedule a personal interview. We look forward to meeting you personally!