Within our client, the department Technology & Development is responsible for the specification, design and integration of high tech/precision modules, professional products and capital intensive equipment. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state of the art machinery to produce any designed product.
The senior project leader is a member of the Technology & Development department and reports to the T&D Operations Manager. The department runs product development projects, which are becoming increasingly complex because our client is moving from module development responsibility to complete function development responsibility. Next to this our client is going through a lot of change due to continued growth since 2010.
As a senior project leader you perform best-in-class project management and you are responsible for satisfying our global OEM customers as well as other project stakeholders. Our international customers are operating in a high-tech environment; the projects can vary from medical systems up to production equipment for the semiconductor and solar industry as well as complex change projects.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Project Leader (product development):
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams (development, New Product Introduction) from conception until customer acceptance
- Deliver within agreed boundaries (quality, logistics, technology, cost, time)
- Apply effective project management skills (with respect to process, content and team)
- Responsible for project documentation: TPD, reviews, configuration management
- Report towards steering committee and the management
- Contribute to the continuous development of the project management competency of the department
- Master degree in a technical subject (Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electronics, Physics)
- Academic working and thinking level
- At least 5 to 10 years’ experience as a project leader for high-end equipment, working in multidisciplinary development teams
- Willingness to travel and stay abroad for a couple of weeks – few times per year
- You are a highly driven team player, analytical, creative and have negotiation skills
- Good communication skills and proficient in English and Dutch
- Project management skills, preferably proven by PRINCE2, PMI etc. certificate
- DfSS and/or lean six sigma certificate highly preferred
- Successful track record with at least three of the following aspects: (concept) development projects, NPI projects, six sigma methodology, manufacturability, quality management, project management methodology, change management, subcontract management
Orion Engineering is active in a broad range of technical disciplines. We have been a reliable partner for our well-known customers for over 25 years. Through our individual approach we offer you a chance to develop yourself within an organization and propel your career to the next level. You will be employed by Orion Engineering and seconded to our Customer.
Please send your application and motivation by using the “apply button” below. If you are curious to learn more about the opportunities Orion Engineering can offer you, please contact Sabine van Rooij (+31612638184,+31402116777 or email@example.com), to schedule a personal interview. We look forward to meet you personally!